Random crap about me (because you really wanted to know)
Steve tagged me for this on Facebook, but I only use Facebook for stalking people and writing useless things on people's walls...and sometimes I comment on photos. However, since Steve is so dead-set on knowing random things about me (and can you blame him? Because you should.) I will post it here :)
So here we go. 25 Random Things About Me
1. I have accounts for Facebook, Friendster, Myspace, Twitter, Flickr, Imageshack, Xanga, Wordpress, Vox, Livejournal (2 accounts actually), Ricebowl Journals (blog directory and networking site), Zotmatch, Geocities, and who knows what else. I'm only really active on a couple of those things, though.
2. Along the same vein of webgeekery, I've had a webpage in some form or another since I was 14.
3. My little brother's birthday is one day after mine.
4. When my mom was giving birth, my head got stuck and wouldn't come out. Which is why she had to have a C-section. Sorry mom!
5. When I was young (less than 2 years I think) I got into the A&D next to my crib and greased up myself, the entire crib, and all of the stuff in the crib. Twice. I told my parents they had nothing but themselves to blame the second incident because they left the ointment within my reach even though they knew I liked to play with it.
6. I burned myself on my humidifier twice. My parents are always like "WHY THE HELL DID YOU DO IT AGAIN WHEN IT HURT SO MUCH THE FIRST TIME" but dude I didn't even remember the first time...and still don't.
7. I went horseback riding once in my life. I was 9. My feet were incorrectly placed in the stirrups and the guide totally wasn't paying attention and didn't notice when the horse ran away with me. I fell off and was stuck because one foot was in the stirrup and the horse was standing on my hair. Some lady came to help me but after the horse took it's hoof off of my hair it put it down on my face. I never went horseback riding again and DON'T GO TO SUNSET RANCH IN TAHOE.
8. I have a tendency to chew on my hands and fingers (yes, my fingers not my fingernails) when I'm anxious/stressed. I actually managed to give myself a hickey-looking thing on my wrist once whilst desperately trying to complete a paper last-minute my freshman year of college (remember that, April?)
9. I'm pretty addicted to online sample sales (email me w/ your email address of any of you need invites to Ideeli, Hautelook, Gilt Groupe, RueLaLa, the Top Secret or Billion Dollar Babes (not sure if you need an invite for that one))
10. I've had the same glasses for maybe 5 years. I only use them sporadically.
11. I have Morton's Toe and flat feet.
Melinda: You called me a freak!
Dick: I called your toes freakish. I didn't call you a freak. It's supposed to go big toe, little toe, and then on down the line...not big toe, bigger toe...
Melinda: You really make me sick.
Dick: I make you sick? You're the freak!
12. I'm terribly introverted and pretty terrified of people.
13. Which is probably why, when I was maybe 16, I decided not to become a psychiatrist, which is something I'd wanted to do since reading Sybil in 6th grade. Instead I majored in computer science which is much more peoplewhoareterrifiedofpeople-friendly.
14. Weirdly enough, though, I don't really have a fear of public speaking.
15. According to my mom, I was the one who taught my brother his ABC's.
16. I usually have three cameras (and at least one or two extra lenses) stashed away in my purse (cameraphone, Canon p/s, dslr).
17. I do not, however, carry lotion, antibacterial, a hairbrush, a mirror, or tissues (all things that VV thinks that normal girls have in their purses)
18. I played koto for 11 years.
19. When I was maybe 9 or 10 I taught myself how to crochet with a straightened-out paper clip and a set of Japanese instructions (I looked at the pictures). I've since forgotten how, of course.
20. When I was 6 or so, my mom told me that fake nails would make my real nails turn black and fall off and I believed her. I now know it's not true but still refuse to get fake nails.
21. I don't like receiving flowers gifts. Wine would be a better choice :) Or Vosges chocolates.
22. I like to make wishlists on shopping sites. I have ones for Anthropologie, Urban Outfitters, Amazon, Endless, and Yoox. And possibly other places that I've forgotten.
23. If there's a salad on my plate with my entree, I almost always eat it first. My brother is the same way. We've been conditioned to do so by our mom who would never let us eat the rest of our dinners until we'd finished our vegetables.
24. Ever since I was 11 or 12 I've enjoyed looking at houses and determining which ones I could someday buy based on a certain salary/down payment/etc. The only difference is that now I use Zillow instead of the Homes section of the LA Times. Infinitely better. And more fun now that I have two salaries to factor in.
25. I always saw marriage as something that was optional. Possibly because none of my four aunts and uncles were married. I never saw college as optional, though. Possibly because when I was five (maybe younger?), my mom told me I was going to go.
Andddd that's it.
Here's a picture to make the post more interesting.
Either Champagne Bakery cannot spell or they were trying to be fancy, in which case perhaps they should have called it a "salade de poulet" (is that how you say chicken? i used altavista) instead of a "chicken salade". VV and I both agree, though, that this isn't as amusing as the Sprm Croissant that he ordered from Jack in the Box nearly four years ago. They have since changed "Sprm" to "Spme" or something boring like that. Good thing he saved that receipt.