2013 in a (very big) nutshell (taken from Damon (a really long time ago))
1. What did you do in 2013 that you'd never done before?
GOT MARRIED. WOO. Also, see #9
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
To take better care of my skin. I did for the most part. I guess also to lose weight for the wedding, which I did. But now I'm gaining. Which needs to stop.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank goodness
5. What countries did you visit?
None! But my answer to this question will most likely change next year!
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
Not sure! 2013 was pretty good to me. Sanity maybe?
7. What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
8/3/2013. The likelihood of this date being etched upon VV's memory is questionable, though
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
SURVIVED MY WEDDING. That is a big deal.
9. What was your biggest failure?
First moving violation ever GAHHH
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Just a couple of coughs.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
No good answer for this
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
VV. He's a trooper.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Our é dinner, bachelorette party, other stuff I'm sure.
16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
It's hard to say about these kinds of things until some time has passed, but I'm guessing that Blurred Lines (hey hey hey) and Get Lucky would be top contenders for this position.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier
ii. thinner or fatter? thinner
iii. richer or poorer? um, poorer haha BUT the money I do have is not necessarily committed to anything so I feel richer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Post-wedding exercise. I slacked in August and am still paying for it.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Stressing. And procrastinating. And possibly spending.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Eating. <--the only answer that has remained the same since 2013!
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
No clue. This old survey is from back before texting became the only form of communication.
22. Did you fall in love in 2013?
With Jose Andres.
23. What was your favorite TV program?
Buffy! I watched both Buffy and Angel in their entirety this year.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Can't keep track of that shit anymore.
25. What was the best book you read?
I can't remember what I've read this year. I've started on The Jungle but it's still half-read.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Grimes! I think that was this year? Even if it wasn't let's pretend it was because otherwise I have no good answer.
27. What did you want and get?
Really amazing wedding food
28. What did you want and not get?
Alexander McQueen 2009 chain fringe sandals. Wanted them for wedding.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Films I have watched are a total blur, unfortunately. Can't even remember what I saw in theaters.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
VV and I went to dinner in Costa Mesa for my DIRTY THIRTY.
31. What would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not sure! As far as years go, I think I'll remember 2013 fondly, stressors and all.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
cross between homeless and ho-fo-sho (Hobo McSkanksalot)
33. What kept you sane?
VV (you are the only one to keep me sane when all is wrong)
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Not fancying this question
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
36. Who did you miss?
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Now that I think about it, I didn't meet very many people this year! As opposed to last year when I met a TON of people.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013
I am everyone's worst nightmare when I'm stressed. I sort of knew that before, but now, TOTALLY CONFIRMED.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year
What rhymes with hug me?