find me here
» Angelica Glass
» The Bloggess
» Caroline Tran
» Curve Happens
» Details of the Fabric
» Don't Eat My Rice
» Extra Petite
» Fashion Toast
» From Head to Toe
» Geisha Rock
» La Tartine Gourmande
» Deja Mom
» Sex and Coffee
» That Girl is Hoisin
Break it down for me again
I need to clean up my whole life man. Step one, get my desk organized and try and remember how I organized everything (second part is crucial and never seems to happen). Step two is to clean out my closet(s).
Photo by VV
What my back looks like at the moment. Undergoing a patch test in hopes of figuring out what it is that makes the skin on my face go haywire (red, itchy, peely). I'm starting to suspect the towels at the gym, but we'll see.
The past two years have been so difficult in so many ways that I don't think anyone really knows about except VV. I just want to learn how to be comfortable and happy, physically and mentally.
I'm trying really hard. Here's to 2012.
I was just uploading photos to my flickr and noticed that we got a soda with our McDonalds breakfast meal in one of my photos. And then I had a flashback to a field trip I took in preschool or kindergarten where we got McDonalds and I got orange juice with my meal and later puked outside. It was gross. Kids are gross. I was gross. Ew.
Day after pi(e)
My brother once asked me why people can't have wedding pies instead of wedding cakes because he likes pie much better.
I hope everyone had a nice pi(e) day! My was horrible for various reasons, but was made better by going to out to lunch and bringing back an apple pie to the office and by wrapping up my night with a cheapie frozen chicken pot pie and a glass of whiskey.
Also, the Ducks are winning the game against Detroit! Except I only watched through the second period so I guess we'll see.
My day of jury duty
I had to call in for jury duty last week for the first time in eight years or so (!) and my group number was called in for Tuesday morning.
- Get there early and hustle over to the courthouse. Happy my sprained ankle is back in working order.
- Go through the metal detectors. Woman in front of me thinks she'll be able to get through with a belt with a huge metal buckle.
- Check in and sit down.
- Start to nod off during orientation.
- Try not to fall asleep as jury groups are being called. I get called in the third or fourth round.
- End up being one of the first eighteen candidates for the court case. I'm in seat number fifteen.
- Judge talks and talks. I start to get fidgety.
- I am short with short legs and my feet don't sit flat on the ground. Knees start to hurt and I try to find a comfortable position.
- Judge asks lots of questions. One juror gets dismissed. I move one seat down.
- We get a ten minute break. I eat beef jerky, drink water and check my work email.
- Back into the courtroom for 20 minutes before we're dismissed for lunch.
- Get my parking validated on the third floor. See that cafeteria has huge line. Decide to find food elsewhere.
- Phone battery dies while I'm trying to look up restaurants. Sit in car and charge phone while reading Oliver Twist (I never read it as a child!)
- Get a hot dog from a street vendor.
- Take my hot dog for a walk down to the Arts District of Santa Ana. Get a grande iced chai from Starbucks. Decide that if I end up on the jury, I'd try and go to Chapter One for lunch the next day.
- Walk back to the courthouse
- Time for voir dire. Defense calls on me twice. Prosecution does not pay attention to me.
- Lots of jurors get dismissed by the lawyers. I end up in the jury box.
- "The defense thanks and dismisses juror number eleven..." OH THANK GOD
- Gather my stuff, get my proof of service, get in my car and drive to work.
Not so good
Minor foot sprain! No swelling or bruising but there's definitely some pain. I was running down the stairs kind of drunk last night (I was obviously drunk last night heh) and missed a step and landed on my foot at a bad angle. Didn't hurt until this morning :P And now? I have jury duty tomorrow morning UGHHH I've never had to go in ever so I guess I'm due.
Gotta be there at 7:45. So I guess I should go to bed in a little bit.
drunker than usual
I haven't finishe da bottle of wine in years. The last time I did may have been the last time I threw up...2009?
Texting the xin right now. Asking her what I should write. It's so early...before 10:30pm and I don't think I should be sleeping. I've been netflixing all day whilst cleaning and eating and (obvs) drinking. VV is on a business trip; I woke up at 5:30 to drop him off at the airport. And I've been awake since.
Xin just said I should blog about awesome Canadians named XIN who are AWESOME.
And really, she is. I heart her like hearts.
I was also texting my favorite HO earlier. She is also pretty awesome. She's American, though, like me.
I was going to type something else right now but I forgot.
I still remember HTML tags even now. Here, let's do an image tag.
I WAS STILL IN COLLEGE WHEN THAT PHOTO WAS TAKEN. And I think I was only 20 years old. How frightening! I don't even know where those glasses are anymore. I lost them about a year and a half ago. Sad.
Still texting the hot bride-to-be XIN. Sexy mofo!
⇐ Older Posts
Newer Posts ⇒